1252 Finds - Some areas to consider hitting

In the last post, I was new to Geocaching.  I have since become more seasoned and experienced.  In this blog, I want to talk about a few of the placed that I liked, and you may consider hitting on your next run.... I will start in the north, and work south.

Without further delay:

Nashville to Ashland - if power trails are your thing, this one is a good one.  The driving is comparatively forgiving, and the caches are intact for the most part.  Nice easy trail for the most part, with some nice pulls nearby.

Manchester TN - most caches I find in this area are well maintained and leave good parking options.  underrated and not enough cachers in this area in my opinion.

Dalton GA - Haig Mill Lake Park - Newer, well-maintained, fun trail.  lots of interesting containers.

Dahlonega, GA - Stomping grounds of 12stepkings... Lots of P and G in or near scenic areas

Cumming, GA - Gingermerican ... If you pulled any of his, you know.. High quality, interesting and challenging pulls - at least from the few that I was able to actually find!

Carrollton, GA - There is a beltway in this city with lots of caches - for the most part, not a real challenge.  Expect some bushwacking and thorns - I guess like any other area - but good for a caching day or two.

Conyers, GA- South Rockdale Community park ... Older relatively infrequently visited caches... some gems, some regular... good for a light caching day, but you are going to need to work for these ( physically - biking or hiking ).

Peachtree City, GA - I have not done a huge amount of caching, and the ones I did, I did when I was still relatively new.  What is cool about this area is you can rent a golf cart and ride around pull caches.   This area has tons of caches, and I am going to need to make my way back to pull more in the future.

FD Roosevelt State park area - Not too much in terms of variety but good for a day hike.  For the most part, I think the difficulty for these is overrated in some cases - I found one legitimately hard one, but rest don't require too much searching work.  No bikes allowed, so you are going to have to hike between each one.  This one is physical in that regard, but one thing I liked about these is that most I found were Ammo container sized caches.  Also, caches in some of the nearby towns were well-maintained and interesting (Meriweather County)

Chehaw park, Albany, GA - Good for a stop - expect to spend 2 -3 hours maybe depending on if you are going to drive, bike, or walk around the different caches... There were only 6 or 7 of them, but each was excellent from an execution and maintenance standpoint.  CO is excellent.  Park requires an admission fee for parking.  This may be a good place to hit if you are planing on more than one city, or if you want to canvas Albany GA

This by no means is intended as an exhaustive list, but just some things that I have found over the past couple of months caching

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3264 Finds - 2 Hides